Tuesday, August 16, 2011

skill post 1 rewrite

There are 3 camps. Camp "Big Apple", "ranch west", and "Head start splash". I chose camp Big apple. It is a camp whih is held in New York city. You prepare SAT and other important English tests with Korean professors who got at least a masters degree. In this camp we can go cite seeing, watch broadway shows, and go to famous museums. You will live in a dorm. However, in Ranch West camp, you can choose a subject t6o learn and you will be taught by recent graduates from the local university. You will stay in a home-stay situation. The progrmas are horseback riding, river rafting, hiking, canoeing, and mountain biking. On the other hand, in Head Start Splash, you will study a condensed version of the material used during one semester in a certified "International" school. They are taught by local teachers with Bachelor's degrees and who are certifies to teach ESL. At least one parent must accompany with each student to this camp, and they will stay in a small apartment near the beach. They have activities including ; snorkeling, fishing, a trip to a local butterfly garden and visitits to local exotic animal refuges.
First, I like the locationj of this camp.
I like the idea of a dorm. I think it is better to be in a dorm than being in a home stay. Compared to home stays, a dorm has lots of things to experience and could learn global manners.
Second, I like how the program works.
I want to prepare for SAT and other English tests. Also, I think it would be comfortable to talk with professors, who got at least a masters degree. However, in other camps you just teach basic subjects.
Lastly, I love the activities.
Usually, when you go camping in Korea it is hard to see something real interesting. On the other hand, there are lots of museums and watch shows in Broadway. I feel so excited to think about these places!
Therefore, I choose camp "Big Apple" because of the dorm, the programs, and the activities they have! I wish this could be a real camp not a imaginary one!

No comments:

Post a Comment